Monday, July 26, 2010

Fabulous French Toast

I recently had a craving for French toast that just would
not go away.  This was unusual as I had not eaten it in several years. 
Mostly because I frequently found restaurant versions to be way
too sweet for my taste and I had this idea that it was
difficult to make well at home. 
Turns out, the latter is not true at all.  

 I made French toast for breakfast yesterday and it
was so good and ridiculously easy to make. 

Here's the recipe:

1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 c. milk
1/4 tsp. salt
6 eggs
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 TBSP white sugar
12 thick bread slices (I used Texas Toast)

1.  Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk.
Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract
and sugar until smooth.
2.Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium heat.

3.  Dip bread slices in mixture and saturate.
 
4.  Cook bread on each side until golden brown.
Served with bacon and fresh fruit. 

3 comments:

  1. French toast always seems like such a treat to me, I should make it more often and with all the great fruit in season it would be a perfect time to enjoy it!
    thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! My favorite breakfast!
    My hubby made it for me on my birthday a few years ago, he searched all over for a recipe (mine is in my head passed down from my mom) He finally found one online. He then burnt the first 2 batches, it was a sweet thought though :)
    I am going to give your recipe a try, your picture looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings