Wednesday, July 14, 2010

We Scream for Ice Cream!

We recently purchased an ice cream maker and I'm having fun with
collecting new recipes to try. I'm starting with the basics. 
The first batch was vanilla and and it
was devoured within 24 hours. 

Today, at hubby's request, I'm making chocolate. 
It's churning away in the kitchen right now.

My daughter served as a kitchen helper today. 
I was in charge of measuring and she was in charge of pouring
and mixing.  Everything was going great until we realized
we did not have enough ice to fill the maker.

This is when we made a mad dash out the door and jumped
in the car for a quick trip to the store.  All the way there
we were screaming, "Ice Cream Emergency!!!" and making siren noises. 
We then raced into the store, located the ice,
and got right back out in record time,
laughing the whole way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings