Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Make-Ahead Muffins for Baby

I've been talking about making and freezing meals for our littlest one for quite some time and, since we're having a Snow Day here, I decided today would be the day I finally started on that project and I'm so glad I did it. 

These muffins are perfect for little hands, packed with flavor, and fill the house with a wonderful aroma while they're baking!  For the baby food puree called for, I used a pouch of bananas, peaches, and mangoes.  I think I'll try blueberries and quinoa next time, or maybe pumpkin...or squash...this recipe is so easy to adjust to what's on hand:

1/2c butter, softened
1/2c brown sugar
2 large bananas, mashed
4oz. baby food puree
1/4c carrots, shredded
2 eggs, beaten
1c all-purpose flour
1/2c rolled oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. salt
 
1.  Preheat oven to 375*
 
2.  In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth.
 
3.  Add the mashed bananas, baby food puree, carrots, and eggs. Continue mixing to blend.
 
4.  Stir in the flour, oats, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until just combined.
 
5.  Spoon the batter equally into 36 prepared mini muffin cups.
 
6.  Bake approximately 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  Cool on a wire rack and serve. 
 
Freeze the leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings