Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Best Bruschetta

Everyone seems to have their own ideas about what makes a great bruschetta and this one is my husband's absolute favorite!  Anytime we order bruschetta in a restaurant, he always compares it to mine
and points out how I could have made it better. 
He's awesome like that!  ;)

Here's the recipe:

2 cans diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings, drained
1/2c. sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4c. olive oil
1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1/2c. fresh basil, chopped
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
French baguette, sliced
2c. mozzarella cheese, shredded

1.  Combine all ingredients, except bread and cheese, in a medium size bowl.  Allow to marinate 15-20 min.

2.  Place baguette slices on a baking sheet and broil until lightly toasted.

3.  Spoon bruschetta over each slice and sprinkle with mozzarella.

4.  Continue broiling until cheese is melted.  Serve immediately.

I should have taken a picture prior to adding the cheese
because the colors really are gorgeous!

4 comments:

  1. I love how it looks with the cheese melting over it! But I bet the colors were prettier before :)
    I love that your Hubby does that, that is so sweet. He knows how good he's got it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin makes an awesome Bruschetta. He brought it to a family party, and when my SIL asked him for the recipe, he said no!! I'll bet yours is even better. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bruschetta...I have never made a real Bruschetta...this look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorites. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings