Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What Do You Put in Your Coffee?

If you had asked me this question a week ago, I would have said, "Two Splendas and a spoon of Coffee Mate".  That would tell you the brands I was using but not the ingredients that are going into my coffee.

See where I'm going with this?

Have you ever read the Coffee Mate ingredient label?

Here it is:

The number one ingredient is corn syrup, followed by vegetable oil, sugar, and who-knows-what.

The powdered stuff was fairly new but I threw it out and
replaced it with this:

Milk and cream.

I've also switched to organic coffee and replaced
the Splenda with pure honey.

Good stuff.

  

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, I like a dollop of cream and an even bigger dollop of Bailey's in mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping the New Years resolutions will disappear soon. I love preservatives...and I hate feeling guilty! Just kidding. Holly:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is scary what is in that stuff. Of course I use a chemically enhanced powder to make my mochas...I need to try using some real chocolate and cutting down on the mochas altogether.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings