Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day has never been a really big deal in my family.  We wear green and eat potatoes and all that but we're not those people you see in the parades with their costumes or in the bars drinking green beer. 

A tradition that we do have for St.Patrick's Day is an Irish-themed dinner.  Tonight was supposed to be corned beef, colcannon, soda bread, and maybe an Irish creme cake for dessert.

However, my son, the competitive chorus singer, has a rehearsal concert tonight.  The kid really is musically gifted and I absolutely love seeing him perform on stage!  So we will be celebrating St. Patrick's Day tomorrow. 

That's probably okay though because it's quite possible
that I am the only one in the house aware that
today is St. Patrick's Day as I am the only one wearing green! 

4 comments:

  1. I think that an Irish cream cake sounds wonderful!!!
    The Soda bread we made is a recipe from allrecipes there is a link on my blog, it is the best recipe I have ever tried for soda bread, it's our favorite :)
    Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kid pinched me three times today because I wasn't wearing green. I lose.

    Happy St. Patty's day. Enjoy eating corned beef tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of St. Patrick's Day (I'll be posting a blog about that later today). We had paella for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We never did anything special for St.Patrick's Day...until we moved up here and it is a crazy day. The kids really enjoy making crafts for it...so mayebe next year I will be inspired and cook something Irish.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings