Monday, February 28, 2011

Truffle Lover's Popcorn

Reposting this one since I've already decided it will be today's afternoon snack:

The Inn at Little Washington serves a popcorn appetizer with freshy shaved truffles that is absolutely fantastic and today I wanted some of it. Since driving there is not an option today, I decided to experiment a bit and see if I could recreate (even a little bit) that amazing flavor. It's not quite the same since I did not use fresh parsley and subbed truffle oil because I refuse to buy any of the $600/lb. truffles they keep locked in the produce department of my grocery store (especially just for popcorn!) but it did satisfy my craving. Here is what I came up with:

Ingredients:

1 bag plain or light butter popcorn
4 tsp. white truffle oil
2 TBSP dried parsley (1/4c fresh, if you have it)
1/4c. grated Parmesan cheese
sea salt, to taste

1. Pop the popcorn in the microwave.

2. In large bowl, toss popcorn with oil, parsley, and parmesan cheese; season to taste.
Easy!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings