Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Easy Green Smoothie

I'm on a bit of a juice and smoothie kick lately so it is not unusual to find large quantities of various fruits and vegetables crammed into the refrigerator or piled up on the counters in my kitchen.  Giant bags of apples, oranges, celery, garlic, carrots, kale….

I have figured out something about myself and kale though…  I have no interest in eating kale as a salad or even baked as chips but I can drink it all day long in smoothie form.  The taste is somewhat bitter but that is easily cut by the sweetness of whatever fruits you blend with it (apples would be good here, I think).

I like this particular smoothie combination because it doesn't just taste good; it's also low calorie, gluten-free, and vegan.  And surprisingly filling!

1 large banana
2c kale
3 oranges
1/4c almond mik
1 TBSP ground flax seed

Place everything in a blender and puree until smooth.

                           
Good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings