Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Chocolate Caramel Toffee Cake

My husband and I were watching TV when I casually mentioned that I was thinking of making a dessert for the following night. I asked if he had any preference and his response was, "maybe something with chocolate and whipped cream." Hmmm...okay. The next morning, I'm going through all kinds of dessert recipes: pies, trifles, brownies, etc. Then I remembered the cake with the chocolate and the caramel and the bits of toffee...so good. So that's what I made yesterday. Here's the recipe:

1 pkg. Devil's Food cake mix

14 oz. can, sweetened condensed milk

1 jar caramel ice cream topping

3 Skor or Heath candy bars, chopped

8 oz. container, Extra Creamy Cool Whip

1. In a 9x13 pan, bake the cake according to package directions. When cake is done, cut several slits across the top of the cake, going almost to the bottom.

2. In a medium saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping over low heat. Stir gently until blended.


3. Pour mixture over the top of the warm cake, making sure to get it down into the slits.

4. Sprinkle about 2/3 of the toffee candy over the entire cake.

5. Refrigerate until completely cooled.

6. Top with Cool Whip and sprinkle with remaining candy pieces. Serve chilled.



Yes, it's messy but it's good!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Holly, you have a very interesting blog the food looks absolutely wonderful & delicious! Thank you so much for visiting my blog earlier. I'll go through all your postings slow...ly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so decadent & I like it, esp with sweet condensed milk caramel topping. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great minds! I have this recipe posted on my site, it just has another name and YES IT IS DELICIOUS!
    Happy Twirls

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings