Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Once-A-Week Shopping

Does anyone really do this?

I'm not one of those people who only shops
for groceries once a week.  I understand the convenience
factor but it's just not something that appeals to me.
Probably because I don't see grocery shopping
as a chore.  I actually really enjoy it!

Besides, I don't want to plan Thursday night's dinner on Monday.
I make multiple trips to the store every week.  Along with
whatever we need for the kids, the house, the cat, etc., I also
pick up the ingredients needed to prepare meals for the next
day or two.  I can sometimes stretch it to three if I'm
really planning ahead.

Today I will be shopping for dinner ingredients for tonight
and tomorrow.  This is the planned menu:

Tonight:

Egg Drop Soup
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
White Rice or Udon Noodles

and Chewy Coconut Cookies for dessert!

Wednesday:

Spinach Enchiladas
Fried Mexican Corn
Black Bean and Salsa Soup


I'll be back for more shopping on Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. We shop once a week! LOL. But I am a vegetarian
    and a really picky eater. I have agoraphobia, so I don't like to go out much.

    Hubby is a control freak and makes a list and only buys whats on the list. I am undeceive and never know what I'd like/want anyway. ROFLOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably actually save alot of money that way! I make a list but it's only to define the absolute minimum I need to buy. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings