Monday, April 19, 2010

Alot of Calories but No Regrets

Hubby and I just returned from a long weekend on Martha's Vineyard.  If you've been, especially during the off-season (as it is now), you know there is not much to do except stroll or bike around, shop in the few stores that are open, and eat.  And eat and eat and eat.  Shopping was more something to do between meals, and every meal was an event.

The day would start with a big breakfast served in the dining room at our bed and breakfast.  We would then head out for sighseeing but it wouldn't be long before one of us would say, "Where do you think we should have lunch today?"  So we would find our way into some fantastic restaurant around noon and have an enormous and delicious meal.  Dinner was the same.  There was also wine and cheese in the afternoons at the inn and we never passed up dessert at dinner.

In other words.....  We did not go hungry.

I didn't mean to take this picture but, as you can see, our plates are pretty empty.
In fact, I think I'm still a little full.  But I'm inspired.

There are several dishes we enjoyed during the trip that I intend to try to recreate at home
and will post recipes and photos here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh this sounds like a great trip. I'm sure you walked off all of those calories:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings