Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Beets?!

I'm planning an experiment today. It involves trying to get my kids to eat beets. I keep seeing them in the store. Beets are one of those vegetables that, whenever I see someone buying them, I wonder what in the world they're going to do with them. I haven't had beets since...I don't know...and I'm sure they were the canned variety, which I've since read are not as good as fresh. The dish I'm serving tonight calls for the use of the whole beet, greens and all. You roast the beets and saute the greens...something like that. Anyway, it's two sides in one. If all goes well, I'll post the recipe and reactions tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Beets? I didnt know they still existed! LOL
    I dont think I have ever had one!
    Thanks for your comment on my sugar cookies

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings