Thursday, August 12, 2010

Best Baked Potato

I realize alot of people like to just nuke their potatoes
and be done with it but I am completely convinced
there is no better baked potato than one made the
old-fashioned way - in the oven.

When people say they can't be bothered to actually bake
their potatoes, I really don't understand that.

It really does make a difference!  My husband used to
never eat the skin off russett potatoes until I
quit throwing them in the microwave and started
baking them in the oven.  The skin has a better texture
than what you get from using the microwave.

Here's the way I do it:

1.  Scrub potatoes and prick holes all around with a fork.

2.  Lightly cover with olive oil.

3.  Sprinkle with kosher salt.

4. Bake at 385* for about an hour, or until done.
Yum!

4 comments:

  1. I agree, baking them in the oven is soooo much better than popping them in the microwave. I bake mine at a higher temp, though. I usually opt for 425.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly I am so glad you left a link along with your comment now I can find you easier. Love this recipe, My hubby loves Baked Potatoes, I am going to have to make him some soon!

    Yours in Health,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right about baking them and this is about the way I do them. I'm new here and like your blog with all its great recipes and I will be trying that French toast below!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right! My family loves baked potatoes, so when I make them I use a whole 5 lb bag and refrigerate the leftovers, they are always eaten up. I have never tried rubbing them with olive oil, so next time we make them I will have to give that a try :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings