Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Eating Weeds

Have you ever eaten dandelion greens?

They are an amazing source of vitamins and can be eaten raw or
cooked, just like spinach.

As part of our ongoing quest to try new foods, I picked up a bunch
of dandelion greens at the market.
I served them as a salad with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette and...

hubby and I are not fans.

Our son seemed to enjoy it though as he went back for seconds.

The taste is very bitter.  I had already read this and so decided
to add slices of mango to the salad to counteract the intensity of the
greens.  This actually was a good idea and it did work but
the flavor of the salad was just too intense overall.

Are we likely to try dandelion greens again?  Yes.
Hubby and I agreed though that these are better suited
to be blended with other, milder greens.







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings