Thursday, August 26, 2010

New Family Favorite

So, last night's dinner was so good
that I'm still congratulating myself on it today.

I made Alton Brown's recipe for Shepherd's Pie

and paired it with Emeril's Rosemary Biscuits.

The flavor combination was fabulous!
I was fairly neutral on my overall expectations for this
meal though as I have never been a big fan of shepherd's pie.

The only reason I decided to try it is because hubby
and I had recently been at this little British restaurant
where we were told, "we're known for our shepherd's pie". 

He ordered it and we were not impressed.  It was very
bland and kind of reminded me of cafeteria food.
I was convinced I could do better. 
And I did - with some help from Alton.
The only modification I made to his recipe
was using ground beef instead of lamb. 

I had expected to have leftovers but the meal
was so amazingly good that we all went back for seconds.

I didn't even get a photo because I really just
wanted to get on with the eating. :) 
I'll take a picture next time.  There is no
doubt I will be making this meal again.
This guy is rapidly becoming one of my favorite chefs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings