Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Amazing Alfredo Sauce

I used to be one of those people buying the alfredo sauce in the jar. I figured out last night that it's super easy to make your own sauce and much better tasting than the other stuff. This recipe makes enough sauce for a 1 lb. box of pasta. I prefer to use penne, ziti, or even farfalle because they "hold" the sauce better than flat pasta, such as fettucine.

2 c. heavy cream
1c. real butter
1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 c. fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp.ground black pepper
1/4 tsp.garlic powder

1. Combine heavy cream and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.

2. Heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally (Do not allow sauce to boil)

3. Stir in Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder.

4. Serve immediately over cooked pasta.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting variation. Not sure I like the parsley, though ... may have to try it sans parsley. I usually cheat by buying the Knorr Alfredo sauce packets, but instead of milk, I use half and half so it's thicker and creamier. But you're recipe looks very doable!

    Stopping by from SITS to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new look of your blog. And all your recipes sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never thought of adding parsley, it looks wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings