Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Thanksgiving Table

My husband doesn't seem to understand the amount of time and thought goes into planning the Turkey Day table design.  I must say in his defense though that it's really not his area of expertise so it falls to me. 
Which is fine because I really do prefer to be the one in control of such things. 

It's not as simple as hubby seems to think though. 
Case in point:  I have been searching everywhere for the "right" (and I'll know it when I see it) tablecloth.
I have accepted the fact that I'm probably going to just have to make it myself. 
This is fine too because I've recently discovered that I LOVE SEWING!!! 
I never thought I would say that but it's true. 

So my plan is to go to the fabric store  : )   and hopefully find something I can work with for the table.

Here's the image I have in my head:

Cream tablecloth with just the right amount of gold accents. 
(This is where the problem comes in - with the gold not looking tacky or overbearing.)

Gold chargers

Gold-ish candles (the glittery kind) with holders made of (fake) cranberries

Dishes are white, silverware is .....silver

Cream colored napkins

Pretty glasses with gold rims

Placemats - do I need placemats???  Not sure yet.

If anyone out there is doing something FABULOUS with the table, I would love to hear about it!!!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the pictures!! It is going to be so beautiful, such things are totally wasted on Husbands- they only see the food :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To get the award button you need to right click on the award picture and click on -save image as- another box will pop up click save. When you are ready to add the picture to your post you need to look for the picture in your downloads.
    Let me know if you need more info :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't discover sewing until my late 20s when I decided to buy a sewing machine and teach myself. I soon began making my daughter's school clothes, stuffing teddy bears, and machine-piecing quilts. One Christmas I sewed all the decor throughout the house. And, yes, I ended up making my own tableclothes with matching napkins and placemats. That's the great thing about sewing....you can create something exactly the way you want it. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings